09/04/2011

木原浩勝の怪鬼宴~録音スタジオの怪~


Kihara Hirokatsu no Kaikien -Rokuon Studio no Kai-



This is about a horror story taking place in a recording studio.
 
I say horror story, but it is more the telling of ghost stories. Not that that is any less scary. The story takes place in a recording studio, where after a recording one of the newer seiyuu tells his senpai that he saw something strange that morning. Somewhat expecting that no one will believe him, he is surprised that more people start to talk of similar experiences.
 
All they do is tell ghost stories, and that was more than enough to make me shiver. There are almost no sound effects that could have made the telling even scarier, but it is somehow still very effective. At times it really gave me the feeling I was there with them while they were talking. There is one very effective moment where the effects do kick in though.

Conclusion:
Nothing too scary (I managed to listen it to the end after all) but still chilling enough to make you cuddle in your blankets and not stick a hand or foot out at any cost. This is actually part one, but it can also be listened to alone. There are no surprise scare moments, but I like my horror this way; slow and creeping, there might be something, there might me nothing.

2 comments:

  1. I want to ask, is the part 2 goes by the same name?
    And is it the continuation or other stories? (series)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part two (Ryokan no Kai) goes by the same name. While the two are connected due to the characters being present in both, you can also listen to them as sepparate stories. Listening to both of them is more fun though.

    Sadly, these are the only two I know of. However the writer of these stories (Kihara Hirokatsu) is a well known novelist and has written many horror stories.

    ReplyDelete