15/04/2011

男子はみんなBL!! 本当にあったBL目撃体験談


Danshi wa minna BL!! Hontou ni atta BL mokugeki taikendan


The title was just too good to pass up on this one. The fact that Okiayu Ryoutarou and Midorikawa Hikaru were in this helped too, I didn't really know Akabane Kenji before though. I was really curious about what kind of situations they would depict, and how. The idea behind this CD is that they have used actual observations from fujyoshi.jp and turned them into mini dramas. Okiayu Ryoutarou hosts a fictional the Radio Show "Climax Muteki Mousou Danshi" in which he reads fan-sent letters about real life observation of BL situations, Midorin and Akabane Kenji act out said stories.


Ummm, how can I say this? Maybe it was just that I expected more awkward or hilarious situations, but it wasn't quite what I expected it to be. Don't get me wrong, the CD is still funny enough, but just not what I expected it to be. Okiayu Ryoutarou his fake radio show is hilarious enough on its own. His over the top introductions and reactions are so overdone you just have to smile. I can't help but feel that a more genki character would have fitted the role better though.

There were two major points that were bugging me while listening to this CD. First, I can't help but wonder how much of this is real, and how much of this is made up. The stories are supposedly 'real' IE: actual observations made by visitors of the site fujyoshi.jp. But considering that some of the tracks are 10minutes long... Even if you assume the 'radio' part to be 2 minutes, that would mean someone 'overheard' 8 minutes of conversation? How exactly these situations were observed is sometimes a mystery to me as well. Most situations leave me wondering where exactly in this situation the observer was. The Department store one is probably a case on its own; I can understand it if she overheard them on the escalator, but following them into a bookstore is getting stalker-ish.

Secondly, some of these observations seem to be made during 中学校 - Junior High. Now that is just wrong. There, I said it. I can fully imagine children of that age getting into hilariously misinterpretable situations,  but hardly into the situations these stories portray. Neither do I WANT to imagine them that way. Then again, maybe it is just the outset of this CD that actively twists everything you hear (you can't NOT hear anything BL, no matter how innocent).

All of this aside, the CD portrays some really cute stories. Well more like short (8 to 10min) situations. In order they are; at the Basketball club, Gym class, shopping at the department store, on the train, at the sports festival, and on graduation day. All of them are mainly cute, mixed with some hetare xD

Conclusion:
The radio part was funny, and the actual situations cute, but this CD was simply not what I expected it to be. Or maybe I am just being fickle, I don't know. I'm curious about what other people thought, so share the thoughts people! :3

1 comment:

  1. I just found your site from googling around on the title and I'm glad I read your review of it. I can't agree more on your assessment of this BLCD. I liked it and found it cute and most of the time I had a broad smile on my lips while listening - but also found it somehow lacking. Personally I never took the "true BL stories" to heart, I just figured they where some kind of meta-joke aimed at the listener, but now that you mention fujyoshi.jp I guess they could have happened.

    Best memory of this BLCD is still fake-DJ Okiayu. He was pretty into it. ^^

    ReplyDelete